Sunday 4 December 2016

The Clothes Show 2016


Blogger meets, catwalks, fashion and beauty nerds a plenty.. gotta be time for the Clothes Show! 


Afternoon Lovelies! 

Hope you've all had a good weekend! 

I treated myself to a trip The Clothes Show in Birmingham after having an amazing time at the show in 2014 and again this year didn't disappoint! 

This year was its last year in Birmingham after a 29 year run so as soon as I heard this I got booking my ticket straight away. I have mixed feelings about its future as its moving to Liverpool and will be back on next summer under the new guise of British Style Collective. 

Mainly mixed feels as this means obvs its a proper mission to get there for me (is already a 3 and a half hour journey to Birmingham if trains are good)  but Liverpool is sooo far! Maybe will check it out in another couple of years and will see how it goes. 


Anywayy! back to this show, They def saw out its Birmingham run with a bang, the main fashion theatre harped back to late 80s style as well as showed loads of upcoming artists on the music scene for 2017 and spectacular dancing and modelling from over 40 top international models and dancers.














Mark Heyes (aka that guy who does the fashion bit on Lorraine also did a fab catwalk showing this seasons trends including Maximalism, Gothic Glamour & Gold Metallics from Boohoo, Miss Selfridge, River Island & Topshop




Once I paid my visit to the Fashion Theatre I headed out to the stalls for some well earned retail therapy :) the set up was similar to 2015 when I first visited with a huge beauty hall, smaller catwalks, the boutiques and markets (my fave!) and some well known brands such as Tu Sainsburys also had pop ups! 

My no. 1 stalls to visit were Alice Vandy (been a huge fan of her cute My Little Pony & Hello Kitty designs for quite some time!) and She's the Bottle Blonde who landed on my radar earlier this summer after seeing their incredible festival garms such as the tinsel jacket below. Perfect as well for the Christmas season! 







oh, hello jacket of dreams! (inserts heart eyes emoji)




adorableee!! 










I was also lucky enough to bump in to blogger and super make up mermaiden Sophie Hannah Richardson, I was gutted that I missed her meet and greet as it collided with my fashion theatre time slot but it turned up to be even better as I spoke to her whilst she was working with Mark Hill on their stand and she invited me to watch her film a Facebook Live stream of her creating bubble braids! 

If you have even watched this girl do hair and make up you will know she is insanely talented and soo good at it, she created the bubble braid look in minutes! I am def gonna try the look at home :) subscribe to her Youtube or Instagram to see more! 

Wish I wasn't so bunged up with sinusitis and spotty otherwise it would of been a nice pic haha! those fancy lighting things Youtubers use is so bright it shows up all your skin flaws if you have any haha! 





Lastly after catching up on a late lunch and to put all my shopping bags down for five mins, I headed to the Olympus Pen theatre and the Discover Catwalk to watch blogger Sarah Ashcroft on her top Missguided picks 









I had an amazing time again this year and can't wait to show you my lil haul over the next couple of weeks! I'll hopefully be able to catch up on my outfit posts abit as lifes been crazy busy and I've not been very well this week. :(

If your interested in popping down to the new show in Liverpool tickets are already on sale and you can get them here

Love, Sarah

      x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aww wow, looks like you had so much fun lovely! What a fantastic event with so many exciting elements going on. It's awesome you got to meet Sophie, you're so right, she's the ultimate mermaid! Always love her beautiful tutorials and looks, I need to check out her latest videos, I'm so behind with all things YT! So great you got to see Sarah Ashcroft talk her Missguided picks, and I'm hearting all your dreamy photos; those jackets are insanely gorgeous! So looking forward to seeing your haul, I just know you've picked up some stunning stuff beaut! <3

    I hope you feel tons better soon too babe! Sending lots of love <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks , managed to shift the cold, realised how unwell i look in these pics ahh! yeh omg, i was os happy to meet her, had no idea she was gonna be there so i prob looking like a crazy stalker as i waited about for her and had to pluck up courage to tap her on the shoulder! new stuff will be on the blog and instagram in next couple of weeeekss :) keep your eyes peeled! x

      Delete

© Sarah in Wonderlust. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig