Thursday 17 August 2017

Beauty: Summer Faves SS17



Hey all!

Seeing as it is summer (though doesn't much feel like it in the UK!) I thought I'd go through my favourite beauty picks right now. Here is what is on my beauty shelf right now...

Sanctuary Spa Purifying Charcoal Bubble Sheet Mask - buy here! 

Bubble masks have been a pretty new thing this year so I thought I give this a go, also it looked much nicer to use then the charcoal peel off masks which just look painful!

For those seeking a deep cleansing treatment that's much kinder to your skin I'd definitely give this a go, unravelling it to pop it on your face is tricky at first as it is in two parts as may see from the sachet but its worth it in the end. So good for using after a long day out in London :)

bubble faceeee! 
NYX Glitter Primer - Buy here!

For your festival needs this glitter primer is a must have! I used this at the weekend gone for Pride and it kept my glitter in place all day and didn't sweat off, irritate my skin and it wasn't a mission to remove when it came to bedtime.

Its not sticky feeling either and literally just feels like a normal eye make up primer, would definitely repurchase!

Still got glitter on after almost 12 hours in sweatyness and 25 degree heat! :) 

Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream
- Buy here! *sponsored*

Although not just for the summer, its important to have a make up routine in place for keeping your skin fresh and youthful looking so Elemis asked me to try out their Pro Collagen Marine cream which is ideal for making your skin appear more youthful.

I have been using this before bedtime and noticed my skin is feeling much better, its really nice to use and leave my skin feeling at its best.

The price tag on this isn't cheap though @£145 per 100ml but has made my skin feel amazing...will be using sparingly to make it last as long as I can!

Make Up Revolution - Redemption Palette - buy here! 

I know alot of girls who are big fans of make up will know of this brand, and will love it of hate it, due to that they make dupes of high end palettes such as Kat Von D's Light and Shade. (see a review here) so it is a controversial choice here. However, I am on the side of the fence where to me a dupe is a good thing, and makes beauty products affordable to all and those who want to pay for the label can do so. I have a mixture of both high end and dupes on my beauty shelf, only splurging on a high end palette if A. I can afford it and B. I see myself using it alot.

From reviews I've read analysing Make Up Revolution, alot of the time it is hard to tell between their copy and the high end palettes, yet come in at a fraction of the cost! They stay put all day and don't crease, no need to reapply!. This one is a wallet friendly £4 and comes with all the matte and pearly shade, ideal for summer. Not to mention it fits perfectly in to my make up bag so I can take it with me on my commute with ease.

Pictured here is Redemption palette 3 but I also picked up palette 2 which is also ideal for summer as the shades in this one are more shimmery. I'm personally a big fan of MUR and can't wait to get more palettes!

Oh and yes, they are vegan and cruelty free too :)


L'Oreal Hydra Genius Aloe Water Moisturiser - buy here!

I picked this up whilst in Tunbridge Wells back in May, which is why the bottle is more-a-less gone! Hoping it will last me till the end of summer, but I may also end up using this for winter as well as its great!

I have alot of trouble picking out lotions due to my combination skin (oh the joy!) but this one has been the best I've tried, hands down.

It keeps the moisture in my skin all day, without making my face oily which is what I thought it would do! The Aloe Vera keeps your skin cool and fresh feeling and absorbs in to your skin quickly so great when your in a rush or for use on beach days when your skin it dry, I used a fair bit of it as well when I was badly sunburnt a few weeks back and it was fab for that also. A big thumbs up from me!

Boots Extracts Mango Sugar Scrub - buy here! 

Having crappy skin is always really annoying for the summer, but this mango body scrub gets rid of all the red bumpy bits on my legs and arms and makes me feel super smooth! I do buy this all year round but switch for the fruity scents in the summer as there are loads of different ones to get if Mango isn't your fave.

Alot of feedback on this is pretty negative due to that they don't like the oily feeling you get afterwards but with my dry skin to me it feels great so perhaps if you already have oily skin  give this a miss, otherwise for fellow dry skin babes I really like this product and like that the Shea butter looks in the moisture and you can feel it on your skin even after you have got out of the shower soaking in.

Lee Stafford - Coco Loco Blow and Go - Buy here!

The biggest expense for me this year has been my hair! To try and keep my bleached tresses in good condition I've been trying out as many products to lock in moisture as possible when its hot - this one being one of my faves.

Maybelline The Colossal Big Shot Mascara - Buy here! 

If your looking for a mascara that still gives your lashes a good lift but not too heavy then this may be worth a try, Its definitely not given my lashes the falsie look for me but tbh I prefer my lashes to look a little more natural in the summer anyway and its good for work!

Goddess of Love Highlighter by I Heart Make up - Buy here!

Think I may of blogged about this before but I can't help but mention it again! If you love abit of a summer glow and are on a budget then I Heart Make Ups highlighter are definitely worth checking out!

What are your fave summer beauty buys?

Love Sarah x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sarah in Wonderlust. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig